Due to popular demand, anonymous comments have now been enabled on this blog, policed by word verification - sorry, comments-bots! Of course, now that I've enabled this, probably no one will care enough to actually leave a comment.
I have really good friends. Recently, when I put out an email call for anything interesting or funny to help cheer me up, here is a sample of what I received: Some pictures: [photo courtesy of Jorge ] [photo courtesy of Dave ] ...and another photo that I won't post here out of fear of being murdered by Michelle, but I will print the caption for it: "Smile, you could be 39 weeks pregnant with a big belly, a broken ankle, using a freakin walker!!!" A link to a sugar daddy dating site A link to a video of Darth Vader being a jackass Funny stories about Malaysian astronauts, adventures in hair waxing, and office pooping etiquette A 3-hour telephone conversation (which I don't think I have done since I was in high school) Holiday stories from Croatia and China; everyday life stories from Vienna and Huntsville ON. Offers of tickets to a political comedy show Someone called me a " vulpes vulpes " And, general well wishes and nice things about me It was all fanta...
Blogger has been a bit of a bee-yotch lately, so I wasn't able to post more before I left Tokyo, and now here I am back in Ottawa experiencing some pretty major jet lag. When I left Tokyo it was Monday afternoon at 5, and when I arrived in Ottawa it was still Monday, 7.30 in the evening, and I'm pretty certain that my flight was more than 2.5 hours long. Mt. Fuji ended up being a bust, as I seemed to have caught the extended tail end of a rainy season in Japan that just doesn't want to end. Going to T's colleague's parents' place in the country was also a bust due to an illness in the family, so instead we went down to Koya-san, the holiest mountain in Japan, to stay in a Buddhist temple, eat surprisingly delicious vegetarian meals based mainly on tofu, and take part in a confusing, fairly unintelligible but wholly spiritual Buddhist prayer session. After visiting one of the largest and most beautiful cemeteries I've ever seen, we accidentally hiked down ...
Sweet.
ReplyDelete